Topics

Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion #dei

Tom Salzer

No worries.  I recognize that it's a journey with a destination that may always be just ahead of us as we travel.

In a WACD Board meeting today so I'm jumping back to the meeting.  *Thank you* for replying and I hope all is going well for you!

Tom

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 10:03 AM Jeremy Baker <jeremy@...> wrote:

Hi Tom,

Just wanted to follow up on my last email outlining some of the steps we’re taking to implement DEI in to our work.  While letting folks know what we’re doing, I neglected to mention that we’re not at all finished but we’re certainly engaged, to the point that DEI is baked in to EMSWCD processes and procedures.  We’ve been sure to make time in everyone’s work plans to accommodate this work (and learning process) and we’ve added an equity lens to our current ED job announcement and hiring process.  I can’t say if we’re getting it all right or not but we’re assuredly on a path.

Jeremy