From: main@ncdea.groups.io <main@ncdea.groups.io> On Behalf Of Craig Nelson
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2019 11:51 AM
To: main@ncdea.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ncdea] Non Co-Located District Offices

Tim,

NRCS made a big to do about having Cooperative Working Agreements with CDs here in Washington about 5 or 6 years ago.  Here's the closest to final I have in an electronic version.  We are in the same building as NRCS but have a separate lease agreement and do not share office space.  Feel free to drop me a line if you have questions.

Craig Nelson
Okanogan CD
craig@...
(509) 422-0855, ext. 110

Craig Nelson

Tim,

NRCS made a big to do about having Cooperative Working Agreements with CDs here in Washington about 5 or 6 years ago.  Here's the closest to final I have in an electronic version.  We are in the same building as NRCS but have a separate lease agreement and do not share office space.  Feel free to drop me a line if you have questions.

Craig Nelson
Okanogan CD
craig@...
(509) 422-0855, ext. 110

Bobbi Lindemulder

Let me see what we have here. Although we are still all in the same building as an ag service center, I am the only staffer who shares office space.  I am required to have a LincPass, and we have done a variety of agreements in the past (including having something in the lease) but let me check.....

Bobbi Lindemulder
Snohomish Conservation District
Program Manager, Agricultural Engagement

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 7:22 AM Tim Riley <timothy.riley@...> wrote:
Thank you.

So far we are committing to our District Planners (partially funded through NRCS Cooperative Agreements) to be at their office 2 days a week; as well as some sort of "get together" monthly at our new building where we will have a nice sized conference room for trainings, learning lunches, etc., covering any range of topics from technical, human resources, computer usage, customer service, whatever really just to have a reason to continue face-to-face interaction on a regular basis...open to topic ideas...did I mention our new building is directly next door to a Bavarian Bakery?  Oh....yeah that.....

--

*NEW NUMBER!!*
Bobbi Lindemulder

Snohomish Conservation District

Program Manager - Agricultural Engagement

Bobbi@...

(425)-377-7003

Tim Riley

Thank you.

So far we are committing to our District Planners (partially funded through NRCS Cooperative Agreements) to be at their office 2 days a week; as well as some sort of "get together" monthly at our new building where we will have a nice sized conference room for trainings, learning lunches, etc., covering any range of topics from technical, human resources, computer usage, customer service, whatever really just to have a reason to continue face-to-face interaction on a regular basis...open to topic ideas...did I mention our new building is directly next door to a Bavarian Bakery?  Oh....yeah that.....

Robert Dobbs

On Jun 3, 2019, at 10:12 AM, Pacific NCDEA <pacificrep@...> wrote:

Tim, I'll reach out to Washington State with your question.  Most of their districts are no longer co-located with USDA.  I haven't heard of such an agreement but I surely do like the idea!

Tom

--
Tom Salzer, Pacific Region Director, NCDEA
pacificrep@...

Pacific NCDEA

Tim, I'll reach out to Washington State with your question.  Most of their districts are no longer co-located with USDA.  I haven't heard of such an agreement but I surely do like the idea!

Tom

--
Tom Salzer, Pacific Region Director, NCDEA
pacificrep@...

Tim Riley

For anyone that is in a District office that is not co-located with USDA; do you have a written agreement with your local and/or state USDA-NRCS to coordinate your operations and/or solidify a commitment to your local Conservation Partnership?

My District office will be separating from USDA for the first time in its existence this summer, and we are currently working on an agreement to ensure our partnership stays strong and is in writing for future representatives of both the District and USDA-NRCS to have a mode of operations committed to our Partnership.  Just curious, if anyone else has such agreements; what all those agreements may encompass?

Thank you,
Tim Riley
NCDEA Past President
District Coordinator, Kent Conservation District, Dover, DE