Re: Please introduce yourself

Craig Nelson

Hello everyone.

My name is Craig Nelson and I'm the District Manager for the Okanogan Conservation District in North Central Washington State.  I have been in this position for almost exactly 22 years.  I have served in several leadership roles within conservation district land ranging from nearly every executive officer position for the Washington Association of District Employees.  Furthermore, I served for a little over a year as the employee representative to the National Association of Conservation Districts Natural Resource Policy Group.  Other leadership roles have included Chair of the Washington Agriculture and Forestry Education Foundation (of which I am a graduate of Class 27), President of the North Central Washington RC&D, several committees of the Washington Association of Conservation Districts and the Washington State Conservation Commission.  Finally, I spent time serving as a city council member for the City of Okanogan (Washington) and am currently the President of the Okanogan Athletic Booster Club.

Prior to coming to the Okanogan CD, I served as a Natural Resource Technician for the Kittitas County Conservation District for a little under a year.  Prior to that I served first as an intern for the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service before a temporary stint as a Cartographic Aid for the same agency.

In my personal time, I take photos of Okanogan High School and Middle School athletics and cheer for my sons and other local student athletes, and travel with my wife who is my high school sweetheart.

----
Craig Nelson, Okanogan Conservation District Manager
craig@...

Join main@ncdea.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.