Please introduce yourself

Pacific NCDEA

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the group.  It's easier to have good interactions when we know who we are interacting with!

I'll start.

I was appointed to the NCDEA Board of Directors as the Pacific Region Representative in May 2017.  In October 2017, I was appointed to serve as one of two NCDEA representatives on the National Association of Conservation District‘s Tribal Outreach and Partnership Resource Policy Group.  I also chair NCDEA’s Communications Committee and sit on the National Association of Conservation Districts (NACD) Communications Committee.

I have worked with and for conservation districts since 1992, managing district operations and providing statewide help on governance, technology, and accountability issues. My first conservation district was Ferry Conservation District in northeast Washington State.  I have been a board director of the Washington Association of Conservation Districts and the president of the Washington Association of District Employees.

Following my Ferry CD time, I worked for more than 12 years for the Washington State Conservation Commission.

Today I'm the General Manager for the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District.

Prior to my conservation career, I was an economic geologist specializing in gold and silver deposits.  I worked in Washington, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Nevada, and Indonesia.

I love to sail and am an amateur radio operator, license KJ7T.

--
Tom Salzer, Pacific Region Director, NCDEA
pacificrep@...

Join main@ncdea.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.