Phishing -- are you experienced?

Pacific NCDEA

My conservation district had a bad experience with phishing recently.  That caused me to bring up this topic when I visited with the Idaho District Employees Association board last week.  I was surprised -- and alarmed! -- to hear several people describe their experiences with attempts to phish information from them.

Have districts in your state been subjected to phishing attempts?  How severe is the problem?  Your responses may help us develop training materials to help protect our sister districts from this kind of cyber threat!

( What is phishing?  See this government article: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/how-recognize-and-avoid-phishing-scams )

--
Tom Salzer, Pacific Region Director, NCDEA
pacificrep@...

Join main@ncdea.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.