Re: How are you being impacted by the federal shutdown?

Craig Nelson

Direct impact on CD operations hasn't happened...yet.  We anticipate some projects getting to a point of no return and having to suspend operations on a project by project basis.  However, this shutdown has been different than previous shutdowns in that most of our grantors have authorized us to continue working on projects.  We just can't submit payment requests for most of them or get direction when faced with any problems since the federal employees are furloughed.

Landowners are being impacted by FSA having shut down operations in the last few days.  Folks wanting payments on programs, work on loan issues, and such don't have anyone to work with.  Shutdowns are a major inconvenience early on, but can quickly escalate into full scale problems.

Craig Nelson, Okanogan CD

Join main@ncdea.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.